††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††† May 21, 2002.†
Mr. K. Sali
Manager of Operations (Road)
C. P. Railway Company
Re:†††††† Assigned freight pools Mountain and Shuswap subs.
This is to inform you that the members of Div. 657 have reconsidered our decision to cancel agreed practices numbers 4 & 5, as expressed in my letters to you dated May 1, 2002.
During our deliberations I relayed to the members the outcome of the May 6th meeting between you, Div.657 local committee and UTU local 501 representatives. The highlights of my reporting from this meeting are below;
- The agreement by the company that train 471 out of Field will not be held for their lift at Golden for more than 1 hour.
- The recent reductions the number of times the assigned crew deadheads home from Field.
- The commitment by the company that the assigned crews will not be required to remarshal trains for points beyond our territory.
- Some clarification on which crews will perform the switching and spotting required as a result of the abolishment of the Revelstoke yard.
- The clarification by the company that these jobs are included in covered service for the mandatory rest provisions contained in the GOI
- The agreement by the company to pay Shuswap Subdivision pool crews under the terms of Agreed Practice #5 Assigned Freight Pool Shuswap Subdivision, when manning trains 471, 472/566 and performing the regular work of the assigned crews.
As for the payment for Shuswap pools under agreed practice #5, I informed the members that we would be drafting a letter clarifying when this payment would apply and this letter will be posted. Until this letter is posted, Iíve told the engineers to make an appropriate claim using an RL code with appropriate comments for K. Saliís attention when they have manned one of the above trains and performed the normal work of the Shuswap Sub. Assignment.
After consideration of these issues, the membership has asked me to rescind our notices of cancellation for the Shuswap and Mountain assigned freight pools.
Should this meet with your concurrence, please ensure the crew change desk at the CMC leave the assigned polls in our crew change May 27, 2002.